Frequently Asked Questions
How to Apply
While completing the online UC Undergraduate Application for Admission, applicants can apply to EOP by following the instructions on the application. Once admitted, students can confirm their EOP status by viewing a link to “EOP information” on their MyAdmissions.
Individuals accepted to UC Davis but not yet enrolled in the university may contact Brenda Lance at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain an application form. Students will receive a response within 7-10 business days of returning the completed application.
General Eligibility Criteria
- Family size
- Household income
- Parents' educational levels
Will you be in the area? If so schedule a tour of the EOP Information center, meet the staff and learn more about how EOP can help you. Click here to schedule a tour of the EOP Information Center.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I know if I’m EOP?
Did you check the EOP box on the UC application? Most students do not remember if they applied for EOP because it was such a small part in their application. Many students find out in a variety of different ways including:
- Having their SIR fee deferred (not paying the $100 up front when you submitted your SIR to the university)
- Signing up for the EOP orientation (EOP students pay a reduced fee for orientation. For transfers, this equated to about $35)
- A paragraph on your myadmissions page that says to get more information about EOP
- Does EOP give money for books?
EOP is not able to provide book grants due to the large amount of students who we serve. We have created a lending library that is made up of donated books. You can come in to the office and check out a maximum of two books for the quarter at no charge.
- In order to maintain EOP status how often do I have to meet with a counselor?
EOP students are not required to meet with a counselor to maintain EOP status. However, we do encourage students to come to EOP and speak to a Peer Advising Counselor (PAC) about course schedules.
- What type of academic support does EOP offer?
EOP provides tutoring in WLD Math, 16, 17 and 21 series as well as Chem 2 series on Tuesdays, 12:00- 3:00 p.m. More extensive academic tutoring can be found at Academic Assistance and Tutoring.
- What type of financial assistance does EOP offer?
EOP students pay a reduced fee for new student orientation, as well as a fee deferral for the SIR and housing deposit. For additional information about the types of assistance offered please visit the EOP services page.
If you did not find the answer to your question, no worries! You can email an EOP Peer Advising Counselor (PAC) at email@example.com. A PAC will respond to your email within three business days.
EOP Guidebook App
- Student Advising
- Campus Resources
- Parent & Family Resources
- Health and Wellness
- and More!