Educational Opportunity Program (EOP)
Shots on the Porch
Get your flu shots!!!
When: November 6th 10:30-12:00pm
Where: Porch of the EOP building
EOP Student Spotlight
Cameron Brown, a former EOP student, graduated and is headed to Stanford law school. His advice to UC Davis students is to get work experience through jobs and internships, have short- and long-term goals, and enjoy being in college.
The transition from high school or community college to a large research university can be overwhelming for new students. EOP fosters a caring and supportive environment where students can meet with peer and staff advisers and network with other students. Staff advisers and a group of peer advising counselors (PACs), in conjunction with other campus departments, work together to offer students the following services and resources:
- Orientation and welcome activities to introduce new students to UC Davis
- Academic advising and pre-enrollment assistance
- Personal and social support from trained peers and staff counselors
- General study skills and graduate school preparation advising
- Tutoring and supplemental instruction through the Student Academic Success Center (SASC)
- Online EOP newsletter
- Guardian Scholars Program (GSP). A support network for former foster youth
Please drop by the EOP office located on the corner of East Quad and Shields Avenue, across from Olson Hall anytime between 9a.m.-4p.m., Monday-Friday. No appointment is necessary.