Relative Clauses - Answer Key
- The people who are from the justice department are not just.
- We usually had a test that/which required us to write down the vocabulary we had learned from memory.
- As she walked into the store, the owner, who seemed very old and humble, welcomed her with a warm smile.
- Although she does not know what to get, the staff member who is a friend of her mom realizes that she needs help.
- Giedt’s restroom uses slide bolt latches, which is a locking device in which a latch slides through the bolt receiver.
- I need to write down each vocabulary word that/which/Ø I need to remember on a small paper.
- I can connect to the author’s point of how bilinguals must keep two sets of statistics in mind at once because what language I use depends on to whom I am speaking.
- I also learned that it's important to continue moving forward, to find a community that/which/Ø you feel part of.
- His opinion states that a student who comes from a second year college generation and is financially stable will have resources to pay for education unlike a first year generation student whose parents have a blue-collar job.
- As Kuhl stated, having the ability to be bilingual allows many bilingual people to change to a specific language depending on whom we are talking to.
What follows is 1 possible combination of each sentence set. Some sets may have more than one possible combination. In each sentence, the relative clause is bolded.
- The system doesn't include subjective factors like location and environment, which have become huge factors in incoming freshmen’s mindsets.
- Full form - Students who carry negative thoughts often end up dropping out instead of seeking help. OR Reduced form - Students carrying negative thoughts often end up dropping out instead of seeking help.
- The students who end up being a victim of this feeling have more chances of not finishing college with a degree.
- This is an example of the bystander effect in which people expect others to solve someone’s problems.
- Mobile phones, whose industry belongs to the ICT, can be beneficial for people in developing countries.